Bug Log Post 4.15.17 - Now playing as Genari

Discussion in 'Beta Discussion' started by Xeen Dread, Apr 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

First thing that jumps out at me:

Genari Tactical limited to 5 instead of 10 ranks.
    Officer has 'Sol' Overload skill.

-Bugs! -Vesuvius

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2017
    Apex Predator likes this.
  2. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Fired AF IV's 3 weapons (2 dmg each base) at point blank range (+1 damage each) with 2 ranks of damage from tactical officer (+2 damage each) and the target is alive.

I only earned 3 xp per hit, assuming I was getting the range bonus and dealing 3 damage per hit.

Genari Tactical Officer's damage boost skill is NOT working.

I should have dealt a lethal 15 damage to that Mendi IV's 10 point hull.

Also, a 10 marine pod said 12 crew killed, 60 remain:
    - supposed to deal 1 to 10 crew damage
    -Mendi IV has 57 crew listed

Forced to manually unpower crew pods that are no longer usable for the remainder of battle.

Without the basic damage boosts working, combat takes too long (with what I know how it should be)!

3. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Attempting to activate 'Sol' Overload produces a general error (Rank 3 of 4)

4. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Love the AF IV btw, knew I would. Haven't taken the time to look over other ships.

5. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Need some sort of repair mechanic/timer during free-flight mode instead of having to wait for combat to begin. May exist already?

Or automatically get full repair upon breaking combat.

6. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Used 2 repair points for 1 damage and nothing happened.

Same thing on following round. Stuck at MaxHull-1

This may have something to do with the previous over-repair bug and it's attempted fix.

-bad bug, can anyone else reproduce this on another ship? -Vesuvius

7. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

General Errors (Invalid target?) when attempting to attack some targets.

Happened with a Sol defense missile drone and AI defender ship.

8. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

It seems that stronger defenders come eventually now, great!
    (Now facing a class 4 and then class 5 arrived as well!)

Transit phase and showing the arriving ships still have a desynch.

Shiet! Now a Class 6 coming for one lil ole me in a jank-ass corvette that doesn't even work right ><

Also seems that all defending AI leave the scene when all threat is gone.

Interesting. I like it.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
  9. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

2nd Encounter:

Unable to control ship in combat, perhaps as a result of activating an ability or training some officer skills?

Seems all systems are operational and can allocate power, but movement commands are inoperable (click or keyboard hotkeys).

Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
  10. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Power allocation still resetting on skill activation.

11. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Unable to use 'Sol' Overload in 2nd battle in same sector after clearing first battle. May be blocked by previous bug.

Unable to use Rally at all (no button).

Lost all movement control again.

And I'm out ><

12. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Marine pods become lit up again as if usable when leaving map and re-entering (without docking) but give a general error and are unusable.

13. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

One repair point recovered 3 hull?

14. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

AI (and possibly players under some circumstances?) can see and shoot through things that you cannot see through.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
  15. Apex Predator

Apex Predator New Member

Just experienced this. Had to log out.

-It seems to be the newest nasty bug, I will try to reproduce it as Sol. -Vesuvius

16. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

Confirmed, the freeze bug seems to be random, and happens after a few rounds of battle. Got a video capture and log of what is happening. Seems that the client thinks there are 0 movement points available and so you end up freezing in place.

17. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

I've had it happen on very first turn before, which threw me for a loop trying to figure out the link.

I've never seen it correct itself either.

Have a video of it but its just me mashing away on the keys (which may have been picked up by my mic) and nothing in particular happening.

18. gegener

gegener Member

just want to say i try SOL and they are so OP compare to GENARI.
    for corvette class III
    1 energi = 2 init and 2 move /and last time i play genari ship 1 energi = 1 init and 1 move point
    bug or normal?

19. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

All corvettes of all races (class III ships) are 1 energy = 2 movement. Same with Genari. I think you're mistaken.

20. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Gen Corvettes are getting 2:1 as expected.

You look silly for saying that >< Pics or it didn't happen :p

I've seen AI Genari corvettes easily clear 16 movement with no officer skills in previous builds while playing Sol, so even on the best reactor of 20 on an AF IV, they would only have 14 points with 6 dedicated to weapons (I've never seen AI use marine pods, and I don't think most of them use scanners either as they always approach to 4 range then change behavior to agressive, Gen/Sol AI). Genari corvettes always had the proper move ratio. You did have the Rally bug though, remember?

There is a new bug that locks movement control entirely, unfortunately, which seems to affect anyone at random..?

Now one thing that hasn't been working for Genari, the thing I was most jealous of, is the +2 damage boost and 10 ranks on the tactical officer. That definitely has the Gen faction set back pretty bad. The Sol +1 dmg and working officers (ok so none of the science skills work anyway...) looks pretty good now :p

(Assuming they were working) None of the Sol science officer skills are that appealing anyway... not to say I couldn't find some niche uses for them ;-) So the Gen Tac officer with only 5 ranks isn't really missing out on all that much as is... except that damage bonus. But if I could have 2x dmg, 4x overload, 1x lucky shot (overload wont miss that way!), and several other skills lke 3 accuracy ranks, that would be phenomenal :) The range skill is an option IF it improves accuracy because of the half-range calculation, but really long range combat is pointless anyway and most combat is done up close (with the exception of my favorite ship, the Montana III and possibly a few others, can fire at 7 hex with 95% accuracy given the right build! 8 or 9 would be even better!).

Certain ships with heavy shielding would do well with 6 extra possible shield points (18 hp, 36 when riding the line!) if it was working. Same goes for the Targeting 100% chance to disable a weapon, especially vs something like a single heavy weapon sniper type ship like Mala or a Bengbu V.

Sensor Shadow and Boost would be nice to have (but in no way game changing like accuracy, damage, power, maneuvering, etc.... unless you could shadow yourself by like -3 to 5 hex, but I don't suppose you can ever be undetectable at less than 4 hex 'visible' range..? cloaking??).

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.