Bug Log Post 3/31/17 Update and Server Reset

Discussion in 'Beta Discussion' started by Xeen Dread, Mar 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

'Invalid Node' Error from attempting to move to a tile that you already moved to (but transit is slowwww..... so you dont appear there yet)

Apex Predator likes this.
  2. gegener

gegener Member

great but on the ship i try it, it give 0 nada prout but perhaps its a faction bug... like some other.. or just some ship doesnt work with it or ... need more genari player to try all the config?

what you try is true for the faction and ship you try.
    It isnt 100% for all the univers.

3. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Unable to purchase more than 1 of a specific ship (Mendi III for example).

4. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Targetting skill says 'once per round' and is not available in the following round.

5. Coser

Coser Active Member

And without the Fleet Commander skill, you want to be able to do that why?

Just make sure you don't buy your upgraded ship with the returns from your previous one, always keep a spare Class III in the hanger, and you can't go wrong.

6. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

To have multiple 'specs' of officers on the same type of ship suited for different purposes.

I learned about the Class III deal my first couple of days :p

I'm rock solid now, flying my 2nd (server reset, got myself another one) 100k+ Dread around 4x C7 Mala territory with OP'd x8 dmg weapons (each ship puts out 60x2 dmg per round at extreme range and accuracy)

Risking 100k to fight buggers worth almost 1k apiece.

7. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Hive/Mala ships not leaving debris when destroyed

8. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Mala homeworld station is unresponsive as a combat entity on the map, sector is uncapturable.

Also, placed in a bad location

*rattles off list about Mala issues knowing that he isn't supposed to be here yet and the race is known to be far from complete :p*

-Ma'alaketh/Hive regions are placeholders; you're only supposed to have a little 'experience' with them at the borders just to see their ships in action. Even the weapons systems don't have the animations they would eventually. This bug allowing you to go deeper is like clipping through a Quake or Unreal map and being in nowhere. -Vesuvius

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2017
  9. Coser

Coser Active Member

Understandable for that reason. Unfortunately Vesuvius has said that the crew do carry over within the same class of vessel. So if I was to max out my Orchis crew, then buy a Mendi, the crew would transfer over and I would have a brand new Mendi with a fully trained crew. [provided I didn't buy the Mendi because I'd had my Orchis blown up, of course.]

What you want may be possible, once the fleet commander skill is active, of course, but given the state of play up to now, only Vesuvius will know that.

-Officer transfer is still debatable, not sure if it will truly be implemented. It will be a player-wide consensus decision. If anything, if there was a crew transfer option made available, it would only be possible one time per officer group. -Vesuvius

10. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Power to Movement calculations will erroneously display more movement points available with current power config during allocation phase than actual during combat phase as a result of rounding up the display when insufficient power is present for a full movement point.

-An annoying bug that's been around for ages, it needs fixing. -Vesuvius

11. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

That didn't happen between Mendi and Bengbu, had several ships each with different crew.

12. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Firing arcs and surfaces hit near border of map are behaving unexpectedly.

-This would make a good video clip or screenshot series to demonstrate -Vesuvius

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2017
  13. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Transit bugs caused by Mala/Hive sectors persist on client and can bug out normally accessible and functional zones (such as attacking the opposing team).

14. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

When a zone already has the limit of 5 friendly AI (or players I guess? but that's expected and the battle would proced), no one else can enter the zone. As such, AI never resolve combat on their own without a player present and a zone becomes 'locked out'.

AI need to have a limit of 'max entities per team' - X% of max. X represents a portion of reserved slots that cannot be filled by AI, if somehow AI count should exceed their allotment, they should warp out.

-Made a report on this bug to programmer now. -Vesuvius

Apex Predator likes this.
  15. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Clicking the 'Leave Map' button more than once can result in an 'invalid map' error.

16. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

@Vesuvius_SWIE

On the topic of firing arcs:

Some appear to trace along a certain path forward until reaching an obstacle or max range and then over from there, possibly not allowing fire at a target that is clearly visible on an active firing arc from a given position. I can get you a video of this if you like. I think I have some screenshots on this machine. *Goes to look*

Nope, gonna get you one real quick.

17. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Ok, so using the same ship and weapons and position, just changing orientations to demonstrate how the hex-trace for firing arc works or doesn't work in a couple cases:

Note: pay attention to the red shaded hexes for possible firing solutions, no target is present on the grid in the demonstration area.

Image set 1
    Port/Starboard firing arc
    (1st image) When facing to the interior of the map, the forward hex trace is unobstructed and allows for the subsequent alternate path trace to continue and saturate all expected hexes with a red highlight, indicating that they can be fired upon.
    (2nd image) When facing to the exterior of the map, the forward hex trace becomes immediately/almost immediately obstructed, preventing the alternate path trace from ever happening resulting in many tiles that should have a valid firing solution as being untargetable. The area near the blue shaded hex (where my mouse was) should all be acceptable hexes for firing on, but they are not shaded red and when I was in a situation like this with targets in that area, there was no indicator on them/I could not fire on them.
    Normal Firing Arc.jpg
    Bugged Firing Arc.jpg

Image set 2 (Same as first set using different firing arc)
    Forward firing arc
    (1st image) When facing to the interior of the map, the forward hex trace is unobstructed and allows for the subsequent alternate path trace to continue and saturate all expected hexes with a red highlight, indicating that they can be fired upon.
    (2nd image) When facing to the exterior of the map, the forward hex trace becomes immediately/almost immediately obstructed, preventing the alternate path trace from ever happening resulting in many tiles that should have a valid firing solution as being untargetable.
    Normal Firing Arc 2.jpg
    Bugged Firing Arc 2.jpg

I suspect if I used a ship with a rear-arc, the same exact thing would happen.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
  18. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

@Vesuvius_SWIE

The above isn't too terrible of a bug, but it's very not fun to run into an 'invalid target' or this improper firing solution check and losing a fight/having to ditch because of that.

19. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

@Vesuvius_SWIE

What about that Medical officer skill that allows everyone to escape?!

20. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Having a problem with scanned targets that are in LOS dropping off as a contact while increasing distance to ~12 hex but remaining in LOS.

I was able to shoot it so it was not a displaced 'invalid' target

-Actually there's a tactical rule -- if an enemy ship goes beyond your sensor systems' max specs, you lose lock on them. Eg. if you ship has 12 strength sensor (powered or not) if an enemy ship is 13 hexes away you lose lock on them just like you'd if they were behind an obstacle. It makes the sensor system an important variable in large maps. -Vesuvius

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.