*** CLOSED BETA UPDATES & DISCUSSION/BUG REPORTS ***

Discussion in 'Beta Discussion' started by Vesuvius_SWIE, Feb 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Devilgeek

Devilgeek Member

Rad should (at least did in the past) deal damage to your ship if you end your turn in it.

2. SPiEkY

SPiEkY Member

Are we going to be getting any more credits anytime soon?

I'd like to pick up a Nova II, but I need to unlock it. If it's gonna be a while, though, I'll just keep saving for a Leviathan and just pick up the Nova when we get credits, if at all.

-With a new influx of players coming in, I'm holding off on adding credits, so that they can catch up a bit. -Vesuvius

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2017
    darklord48 likes this.
  3. Devilgeek

Devilgeek Member

So is it normal that the Class XI battlestations are invincible? Cause even a Leviathan can't bring it down after unloading 6 maxed lasers into it repeatedly (the damage indicator stopped changing after a while).

Edit: Im gonna assume that they are considering I can't take down a single one..

Edit #2: I'm also going to assume that it's currently impossible to 'beat the game' and destroy the enemy empire.

-All stations theoretically should be destructible, but if they can't be, then there is a bug. However, they have over a dozen repair points, and their hull points are 300+, as well as some sol stations have 30 power force fields.
    -However, there is a bug where the station isn't firing all its weapons, it should smother even a leviathan. -Vesuvius

CamadJ likes this.
  4. CamadJ

CamadJ New Member

I would assume you are spot on :D

5. Devilgeek

Devilgeek Member

Just a heads up people, don't respec an officer. You will lose skill point to it (just lost 2, so im at 3/5 on a fully leveled officer)

6. CamadJ

CamadJ New Member

Can you regain those 2 in any way?

-It is a bug, that needs fixing -Vesuvius

7. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for this, it is always helpful to have screenshots!

CamadJ likes this.
  8. Vesuvius_SWIE

Ok, so back from PAX East, man was it cold. A lot of players who tried the game really enjoyed it, and some stayed around to play for a long while.
    If some of you players noticed some Cruisers-Battleships-Dreadnoughts floating around, it was the PAX players (where they had everything unlocked on those two computers) roaming about.
    IMG_0542.jpg

wolf likes this.
  9. Vesuvius_SWIE

So on to updates...
    While at PAX, a few more updates were made:

-Battle Royale (the battle button) now works properly, and you can have multiple players engage each other in a FFA. Take note that if there are people playing on their allocation/combat round, it may just look like you're waiting on the loading screen until you can transit in.
    -Chat should be working properly now, without it 'disappearing' after a while. I do want to make the chat pop up though, when someone types, so you actually notice it -- and also remove the XP notifications (or at least remove the double).
    -Shipyard/stat info fixes
    -Marine Pods now work as they should.

wolf and SPiEkY like this.
  10. Heidi

Heidi New Member

you shouldn't swear on this game

11. SPiEkY

SPiEkY Member

Alrighty, I just wanted one of every class, but I'll wait on picking up a IX until we get the credits needed for me to unlock the particular variant I want.

Edit: Out of curiousity, though, how would extra credits help/hinder newbies? Don't they just unlock the various variants of ship? Like, you still have to have the HP/LP to get it.

darklord48 likes this.
  12. Devilgeek

Devilgeek Member

That would explain why I was hunted down by a Class IX while a class X Leviathan was there too.. I was wondering how those two got there

SPiEkY likes this.
  13. SPiEkY

SPiEkY Member

Yeah, I thought you and I were the only ones in anything bigger than a Class V, that proper weirded me out seeing those on the map.

darklord48 likes this.
  14. Devilgeek

Devilgeek Member

There most likely is a bug. Class XI (and i'm assuming above) seem to stop taking damage after a certain point, without them repairing themselves or shooting their weapons IF there is an AI of its faction on the board.

15. Devilgeek

Devilgeek Member

I was actually very scared because they came out of nowhere too.. Never seen those players before and then bam, class IX and X

-I was in the Yamato for a while, sitting next to the guy playing the Leviathan, hitting that Sol station. I was watching to see what would happen if a station that acts as a spawn point would be destroyed. -Vesuvius

16. Devilgeek

Devilgeek Member

New-ish bug:
    Endless loading screen when entering any sector, after leaving a Hive or Ma'Alaketh sector. If a combat is initiated, you'll still have you 'Allocation Phase' message pop up ('Combat Phase' as well)

-Interesting, will test this out. -Vesuvius
    Edit: I just fought a hive entity, though didn't kill it (I'm just a frigate). I didn't have the bugs above. Did you kill the opponent you were fighting in Hive/Mal?

Extremely existential question: How do I remove the "New Member" under my name to something else (like 'Member'...)?

darklord48 likes this.
  17. darklord48

darklord48 Member

Be active on the forums. Posts and likes get points and change your title from new member to something else.

SPiEkY likes this.
  18. Devilgeek

Devilgeek Member

I don't think I could be more active... But thank you kind sir ^_^

CamadJ likes this.
  19. Devilgeek

Devilgeek Member

More bugs!
    I currently have a laser that is marked as damaged. However, I can still use it (but cannot tweak its values). Repair points can also be spent on weapons that are not destroyed.

darklord48 and CamadJ like this.
  20. CamadJ

CamadJ New Member

Trying to help Devilgeek out of newmember status.

SPiEkY likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.