*** CLOSED BETA UPDATES & DISCUSSION/BUG REPORTS ***

Discussion in 'Beta Discussion' started by Vesuvius_SWIE, Feb 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SPiEkY

SPiEkY Member

Decided to play it easier and grab a light cruiser. Went for the Mercury II. Good Lord, these plasma beams are strong.

darklord48 likes this.
  2. Coser

Coser Active Member

Dang it, brain fart just cost me my Leningrad III. For 3 turns I could have escaped, but pressed to end the allocation round instead of leave the sector. That's a lot of progress scrubbed. Least I can fall back on my Liverpool II.

-The emergency 'warpout' interface is still pretty rudimentary, its one of those things that needs improvement so you don't have that sort of confusion. -Vesuvius

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2017
  3. darklord48

darklord48 Member

Sounds like you've never heard of Eve's #1 rule. Don't fly what you can't afford to lose.

SPiEkY likes this.
  4. Ereinion

Ereinion Member

Are there longer and shorter times until an enemy AI comes into a region to defend it? I waited nearly a minute in S-51, but there were still no enemies there.

At some point, the enemy AI rosters run out, so it was bound to happen on a small map. They do 'refresh' after a while -- Vesuvius

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2017
  5. Markoth

Markoth Member

The Mercury II with a Liverpool III is what I plan on running. Warp in. Crank up max sensors to locate enemy and then max Overload/LuckyShot Plasma Beams from the fog. Warp out since you likely blew someone up.

SPiEkY likes this.
  6. lefty

lefty Member

First post here, been quietly playing it on my Mac. First post here, I do have a suggestion for the shipyard page where you see all the ships listed. It would be nice to have the xp amount/cost of the ship on there listed as well as the att/def/man.

7. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

So I am having an officer error, just sometimes though. It happened twice today to me, once with an engineer and later I flew back to space dock and got stuck on weapons officer. Also the new fog of war effects are great, fading in and out as you move; two thumbs up, or maybe 4 if genari have extra, lol. I thought I would stick with genari next go around but I like the Leningrad 2 better than the 3rd one, so I think I will stick with sol. Vesuvius, question, will the credit situation be the same in the full game with certain variants costing to unlock and others being free?

-Yes, in the full game, all basic variants will be free, but the type II, III, IV etc... will require unlocks. The prices are still undetermined though. That's how the game is supposed to make money, I hope it at least pays for what I spent on it so far lol. -Vesuvius

Yes, that answered my question, thanks! I plan on buying several since I backed the kickstarter and I hope to see the game become successful. Great game and it's getting better every day!!!

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  8. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

Some updates from Sunday:
    -Fog of War now refreshes properly and is more accurate, and does a 'fade'.
    -Power allocation errors fixed (where you'd allocate power, but the total power number was off until you ended your allocation round).
    -Fixes on capture point gain/loss in combat regions.

There should be another update tonight.

SPiEkY likes this.
  9. Vesuvius_SWIE

I'm also halfway through building the 'medium' map, once its done, it will be replacing the current one. It is at least 4x larger, with 200 sectors per races. It will also be the first map for when the game goes live to the public. So there will be tweaks to the maps (what you like, don't, annoying etc...).

SPiEkY and AmishJoe like this.
  10. wolf

wolf New Member

lol lost my destroyer to a class 7 MA’ALAKETH Ti'MENAALA. Hit me for 35 damage in one shot through my fully charged shields. :) Well I think my testing days are over. Totally worth it.

-There's another boost coming soon to push thru Light Cruiser +

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2017
    SPiEkY likes this.
  11. SPiEkY

SPiEkY Member

This will effectively be a reset, correct?

-Yes, that definitely will be a reset. But on this current, smaller map, we will continue boosts until practically everyone is fighting each other with Cruiser-level ships (class VI, VII, and VIII) -Vesuvius

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2017
    darklord48 likes this.
  12. CpZen

CpZen Member

I'm holding steady with a Battleborn destroyer. It seems tough and brutish enough for its price. I personally wouldn't mind a reset since the map is full of locked regions from you guys conquering when I'm at my job working :eek:

13. Markoth

Markoth Member

With the last exp boost my Captain became a 2 Star but I didnt recieve any new skill points to let me unlock Class V and VI ships. So I used the reset to get back my initial point and it still wouldnt let me place the point there saying I needed to be a 2 Star.

Also I farmed a region last night for about 15 minutes and I dont know if it was from the debris but the Genari ships that kept transiting in spawned in the same point every time. I just had to sit in one place and blow them up in a few hits every time the jumped in. Made things feel more like a grind then an actual battle.

-Yes, that is a 'bug' in my opinion, the spawning is supposed to be random from any side, but they seem to always come from the same place. -Vesuvius

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2017
  14. Vesuvius_SWIE

^ From above, I just tested becoming Capital Ship Commander (to get Class VII and VIII) and it worked. However, I noticed that when you respec, you lose a skill point, which shouldn't happen. So that's where the bug is. Will report it.

15. SPiEkY

SPiEkY Member

Oh, baby, that Kill XP is sweeeeeeet

darklord48 likes this.
  16. wolf

wolf New Member

Really can't wait till we get to play the Hive.

17. Vesuvius_SWIE

So played around, confirmed several updates to the game on the new build:

-KILL XP: Basically when you were getting XP for damaging ship, but if you destroy the ship, it wasn't giving you XP. Now it does it properly according to my ruleset, which is 20% of overall XP value of the ship.
    -SHIP DEBRIS: Now when a ship explodes, the debris is there temporarily, and will dissipate. This helps eliminate ship wreckage clutter.
    -WEAPON STATS IN COMBAT: There were errors to the stats for weapons when you mouse over them in combat. Fixed.
    -SHIP STATS IN SHIPYARD: It was bugged for a while, now fixed.
    -Combat summary now works better, after all enemies have been defeated and the place is empty of enemies.

darklord48 and SPiEkY like this.
  18. SPiEkY

SPiEkY Member

I managed to work my way up to a Montana II. This thing is a beast!

-Once you make it to the Cruisers, you're pretty much set. Of course, you're getting accelerated XP, normally it would be a few weeks for any player to get to this point in the main game. Also, in the main game the higher class ships have limited production, and get more and more uncommon in the higher tiers. -Vesuvius

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2017
    darklord48 likes this.
  19. Vesuvius_SWIE

The map has been reset, without resetting your accounts. Its to clean up all the locks, as well as re-test the capture mechanics that have been updated.

wolf, Coser and SPiEkY like this.
  20. JansenC

JansenC Member

I don't mind that. Want to try the regions again with my destroyer.

Kahless likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.