*** CLOSED BETA UPDATES & DISCUSSION/BUG REPORTS ***

Discussion in 'Beta Discussion' started by Vesuvius_SWIE, Feb 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SPiEkY

SPiEkY Member

Neat!

darklord48 likes this.
  2. 0b1000010

0b1000010 Member

Before you guys got into the game, the missiles used to cost only 1 power to arm. They've since been upped to 2 power for fission warheads and 3 power for plasma warheads. I think the transition has made something bug out and that's why they don't work anymore. Hopefully they fix it soon. The missiles are a Genari staple (and marines).

3. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

The first Destroyers are on the scene... Two Genari Class V Interdictor Type III Interdictor Destroyers in fact.
    interdictor3.jpg

4. darklord48

darklord48 Member

That's because the Genari are better than Sol.

-Actually, my creation of the races, and concept behind them seem to be working -- the Genari get a 'head start' strength-wise, but the Sol is like the sleeping giant -- as we get to higher tier ships Sol will be more dominant. Reminds me Japan vs. US. in WWII. Japan needed to rush out and capture as much territory and do as many pre-emptive strikes it could, until the slow US monster started catching up. -Vesuvius

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2017
    wolf and SPiEkY like this.
  5. MLocke

MLocke Member

Just had my first game tonight. Strategic timing on this internal beta launch, I happened to be on a work trip and couldn't play until i got to my home computer. Frankly, I'm pretty impressed by the scope and depth of the game, even at its infancy for a 5 man development team. I can see there's a lot of work to be done squashing bugs. I wonder how long that will take before the game is market ready?
    I've been reading thru all the posts on this thread. I can't tell who is a real player and what is AI, which I guess is a good thing. Not sure if I killed any real opponents. I didn't get the bonus XP though. Wouldn't mind getting that boost and the 1000 credits too please.

6. Coser

Coser Active Member

No, that's because there are a shedload more of you than there are Sol players this time out! Last night, UK time, Genari lost 2 sectors to 2 Liverpool III ships.

General thoughts from last night:
    Amazing game! Full launch ought to be more evenly divided between Sol and Genari, but maybe have some background code to stop such uneven sides.
    Still seem to find a lot of sectors bugged when it comes to battles already in progress. S-63 was showing a battle with 2 Sol and 2 Genari participants (IIRC) but when I finally jumped in, it was me alone against 3 Genari.

MLocke, which faction are you?

Addendum:
    I do not like the idea of forcing sides on players, but this situation of a large difference in the number of players for each faction does need addressing tokeep the game fun for all concerned. Would it be possible to include a background piece of code so that underdog factions get greater XP & LP gains? Something like if both factions are within 10% player numbers it's even, 10-25% underdog gets +10%, over 25% underdog gets +25% XP and LP.

-When there is a large group of players, it will eventually even out. We have only 30 players playing on and off. But there is a faction limit to each side anyway, so if it gets to that cap, it will block one from joining that side. The idea is that the main game maps will have up to 500 players per side, so it will be rather large. The map I'm currently working in is a medium map for playtesting in a few weeks, and it has over 400 sectors. It will be released when the next layer of internal playtesters join in, about 200+ players. But a lot of work is still needed until then to get rid of major bugs. -Vesuvius

wolf likes this.
  7. Ereinion

Ereinion Member

Genari missiles seem to be working now. - More or less
    Other then all the other weapons, shields etc. they somehow do not keep the power adjustments you did to them the round before, but try to be charged every round. Also, when I remembered to decharge them I ended up having everything decharged, one time.

-Yes, they're working on missiles this morning, I'm hoping that they fully work as they should by the end of today.

wolf likes this.
  8. Vesuvius_SWIE

The first Sol station just got destroyed, though it was the weakest type, the Greenland Monitoring Station, which has weak offense & defense, but 95 hull points. May the 369 crew members on board rest in peace. It was destroyed by a Interdictor Destroyer I think.

wolf and SPiEkY like this.
  9. Ereinion

Ereinion Member

Are you sure that was only one? Or are you not counting the weapons platforms as stations?
    I can really not imagine what destroyer could have done that.

-The Greenland is pretty defenseless, only one 4 damage laser in each arc. Its not supposed to be undefended by ships, so a Destroyer can definitely whittle it down. Its true benefit is its extreme scanning range, so unless there's an obstacle, as a ship you can always find your enemy under its detection range (30 hexes). You'll notice that SOL has more station varieties and functions, while all Genari stations are Class X or greater. -Vesuvius

10. Coser

Coser Active Member

OK, getting the bug where I can't pass or end the combat turn. Just having to wait for the timer to count down. Also, didn't we clear and lock S-65 last night Vesuvius?

-I think the lock timer is about 12 hours.

11. Ereinion

Ereinion Member

Are you also getting a non-existant battle shown in S-11?

-S-11 is also another bugged sector, avoid like S-51

12. Nickman77

Nickman77 Member

I've been practicing the game a lot in skirmish. I'm learning a lot about the game that way. I usually challenge myself by picking a class 4 or 5 ship, then picking a bunch of opponents (usually 3 or 4) and see how long I can survive. I'm sort of a single player guy, but I'll come out and play on that galaxy map soon.

13. Kahless

Kahless Member

As proven here, Genari is a rewarding to play!

14. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

Vesuvius, if you need to reset me and I will start over as sol.

-At some point soon there will be a server reset, and then players can re-choose their race/character.

15. AFGuardian

AFGuardian New Member

Disarming my torps removes a point of initive....can still fire them anyway. Repair doesnt seem to work on disabled weapons...but spends the points.

16. TYROS

TYROS New Member

time 00:01 gmt cant connnect to server, is server down atm?

17. wolf

wolf New Member

think so

18. SPiEkY

SPiEkY Member

I also got disconnected and cannot reconnect at the moment.

Edit: Looks like there was an update, right on.

darklord48 likes this.
  19. Vesuvius_SWIE

Indeed, a new build just went up!
    I have to catch a plane to go to the DICE Summit in Vegas, so I won't be able to test the build just yet.
    In theory, the Missile Weapon issue should be fixed, and explosion damage should work properly now (it was only working a small percentage of the time).
    Warning! Those of you who got used to blowing things up in your face and getting away with it might be in for a surprise.

darklord48, SPiEkY and wolf like this.
  20. AFGuardian

AFGuardian New Member

IS there a way to see how much damage is happening?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.