New Member Introduction Thread!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Junpine, Oct 7, 2016.

1. Junpine

Junpine New Member

I thought it would be nice to have all of us introduce ourselves here. Whatever you want to say about yourself, and what games you like to play, and why you're interested in Space Wars!

Games I play: I've been playing games since the 90s, started with the first Sims. Thanks to my dad's interest in Star Trek, I watched The Next Generation and Deep Space Nine. I got into Eve more recently but its too exhausting for me and I wanted something simpler.

Why I'm Interested in Space Wars: It sort of reminds me of Eve, but I like the lore and detail more than anything else. I'm a rabid fan of new universes and storylines, so I really want to read the book for this game. And I first found out about this game thru the Phoenix Comicon two years ago.

Valion likes this.
  2. NightWolf

NightWolf Member

Games I Play: Pillars of Eternity, Dragon Age: Inqusition, Heroes of Might and Magic

Why I'm Interested in SpaceWars: I like turn-based strategy, and thoughts of a HoMM in space interests me.

Valion likes this.
  3. 0b1000010

0b1000010 Member

currently I play the darkest dungeon, and nuclear throne, ftl, but I've been playing games since the early 90s. System shock (obvious) and the civ series.

I'm looking forward to this game because of the strategy element, and the rulesets it claims to follow.

Valion likes this.
  4. lefty

lefty Member

Ive played portal/portal2, minecraft, and dabble a bit on kerbal space program. I'm curious about spacewars and will try it at launch.

Valion likes this.
  5. Hivemind

Hivemind New Member

This looks interesting.
    Lets see how it turns out once the beta starts.

Valion likes this.
  6. Chris Thompson

Chris Thompson New Member

I've played it all since PC gaming started... yeah that means I am old. This was super impressive at PAX west. Can't wait to see more.

Valion likes this.
  7. frostymuaddib

frostymuaddib New Member

I came from HeroesCommunity to support this awesome project of Vesuvius :) Looking forward to a good tbs game, and I hope that this one is the one :)

Currently playing StarCraft 2, MMH5.5 (mod for Heroes 5) and Heroes 3 Horn of the Abyss.

Vesuvius_SWIE and Valion like this.
  8. Pendragon

Pendragon Member

I've actually been a console gamer mostly until I got my own laptop and I've been playing indie games a lot more recently. I love Terraria and play Spelunky on the PC.

I have a thing for all things starship and fell in love with Spacewars when I saw the ship flyby videos at PAX. I watched all 15 minutes of it :p

Valion likes this.
  9. Valion

Valion New Member

Heja folks!
    I like the idea of this thread, too!
    It's usually a nice head-start to get to know your new mates, so here we go..
    I love playing strategy games, RPGs and, to a certain degree, action games with elements of other genres.
    I played SWG and EVE, and I liked both of them. But in both cases, I felt like some newbie forever, since I was not there when it all started. ;-)

I'm looking forward seeing how this evolves!

Tally-ho, chaps!
    Valion

10. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

About me: I'm the game designer and producer for Space Wars. Been obsessed with tabletop games back in high school in the late 80s, played around with the Atari ST, then the 486-66PC onwards.

System Shock... loved the game (and System Shock 2 of course). Homeworld, Heroes of Might and Magic (all of them)... FTL, I play frequently to let off some steam, and play any BioWare RPG's (loved Mass Effect 1-3, Dragon Age 1-3). Currently waiting for Civilization VI, though I'm not sure how much time I will have to actually play it so deep into the development of SpaceWars.

Valion likes this.
  11. Markoth

Markoth Member

I found out about SpaceWars thru PoxNora (The other game made by Desert Owl) which I have been playing about a decade now. I also play a lot of Overwatch and the usual assortment of Console and PC games like Borderlands, Mass Effect, Madden, anything Bioware, Pokemon, etc.

If you want to find out more about me I was interviewed on the Poxnora forums a few years ago. Its a tad outdated but still pretty relevant. You can find it Here

12. Brian Carson

Brian Carson New Member

I've been playing PC games since I was 8 year old and wrote my first game for my ZX-81, connected to my grandma's crappy ole television set. I'm optimistic about where SpaceWars is heading. Game on!

13. SPiEkY

SPiEkY Member

I'm in a similar boat to Markoth, in that I'm one of them Poxnora players. This game looked vaguely similar to Pox, but in space, which is always cooler.

The only other games I play these days are Poxnora, Oldschool Runescape, and the occasional RTS, most recently Planetary Annihilation.

Apex Predator and darklord48 like this.
  14. Krackenhead

Krackenhead New Member

I started with an old C64 game called Reach for the Stars, been gaming ever since mostly MMO's EQ, EQ2, VG, Rift, Skyforge and a number of FPS too

15. MLocke

MLocke Member

Games I Play: All RTS, TBS, since C&C2. Like Star Trek new and old.

I'm thinking about Space Wars because its the only TBS game I've ever heard of for a space game that isn't 4x. I like the pure combat ideology behind it. No resource gathering etc...

16. darklord48

darklord48 Member

I heard about the game when @Markoth posted in the Poxnora forums. I've played Poxnora since 2007 along with @SPiEkY and Markoth. I also play Eve, every Command and Conquer, FTL, and most D&D based computer games. Lately I've been replaying through the Pool of Radiance quartet.

Senshu and SPiEkY like this.
  17. J.Sousa

J.Sousa New Member

FTL FTW!

I'll play all kinds of games I'm not particular about any kind. Spacewars would be a new style of gaming I haven't tried...

18. SirElric

SirElric Member

Yeah, that's me in my avatar. I used to play Heroes of Might and Magic, been playing Crusader Kings II, some Witcher III. I always go back to turn based strategy game in the end. That's why I'm interested in this game.

Vesuvius_SWIE likes this.
  19. Phaedros

Phaedros New Member

Heyo folks!

I of course am Phaedros, and I'm happy to be here. :D

I'm a gamer/tester/designer and I'm very much looking forward to test Space Wars.

Games I've played: Too many to list, but I'm most well known for being a top End of Nations player (when that was still a thing.) :)

Apex Predator likes this.
  20. Kahless

Kahless Member

I play anything Star Trek. Which isn't much right now. Anyone remember Star Fleet Academy with full motion video of the cast of Star Trek? Space Wars reminds me of it. And the GENARI UNITED EMPIRE -- I will be roleplaying them no doubt.