Officer Spotlight: Genari CAPTAIN

Discussion in 'The Shipyard & Guides' started by Vesuvius_SWIE, Nov 15, 2016.

1. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

The Captain, which is essentially your avatar (and a character that cannot be killed, even if your ship is destroyed) is persistent throughout your game, and is the character that receives all the medals and awards.
    The upgrading system is very different from the other Officers, in that you have multiple levels of ranking up, and you don't use XP to upgrade, it automatically upgrades you as you surpass a certain XP level. With every ranking up, you get one point to choose a skill. You start with one point as a newbie captain.
    * Notice a lot of things mirror the Sol Captain skills, but there are specialized skills that are unique to Genari. 0GENCAPTAIN.jpg

SPiEkY likes this.
  2. Vesuvius_SWIE

Here is the chart for the XP required to rank up:
    0GENCAPTEXP.jpg

SPiEkY likes this.
  3. Kahless

Kahless Member

At last! Want to see the Genari Officer skills too.

4. SPiEkY

SPiEkY Member

Slaughter looks fun.

I mean, after all, you can't spell "slaughter" without "laughter".

5. Vesuvius_SWIE

Slaughter is a good Genari way of boosting XP. Make marines that much more useful.

SPiEkY likes this.
  6. MLocke

MLocke Member

The rally movement skill does it work like those other ones that only happen once per battle or is it persistent?

7. Vesuvius_SWIE

Oh my, I forgot to put one of the most important Genari-specific skills one there, honorable death.

*** HONORABLE DEATH SKILL UPDATED ***

Mlocke: yes, the rally skill is a one-time effect on one round of a combat situation, and will only reset/refresh if you leave a combat region, like other active skills.

8. Kahless

Kahless Member

Slaughter FTW!

SPiEkY likes this.
  9. Warshoe

Warshoe Member

I noticed that fleet commander I & II have lower rank requirements compared to the sol captain. Is that correct or a typo?

10. SPiEkY

SPiEkY Member

Yeah, definitely going for Slaughter and Honorable Death first

11. 0b1000010

0b1000010 Member

So to confirm, if you lose your Agile Flyer that is 300xp according to the shipyard on the website, if you have honorable death I, you regain 60xp?

12. Vesuvius_SWIE

Warshoe: That is correct, the Genari captain can get those skills earlier than a Sol captain. And 0b1 -- you are correct as well.

13. ShadowJudge

ShadowJudge Member

Can't wait to see the Genari officesr skills, when are they going up?

14. Vesuvius_SWIE

Building them now :)

SPiEkY likes this.
  15. 0b1000010

0b1000010 Member

I am definitely curious about the Tactical Officer.

16. Jmp2x

Jmp2x Member

Just figuring out the numbers... basically you really don't need to surpass the 5th tier captain, since you'll be able to gain any ship you want by then. The remaining ranks are for those who really want to show off or outdo themselves.

17. Potkeny

Potkeny Member

I for one will probably not go for the biggest ship, but some smaller which is better for scouting/hit and run tactics/supporting/etc, so I can see myself not taking every "commander" skill even when I could. I am thinking about Slaughter/Support Ship for example.

Warshoe likes this.
  18. Warshoe

Warshoe Member

Survivability goes up with a bigger ship though. More hitpoints = better chance of survival. I guess it depends on who you're fighting in the first place.

Potkeny likes this.
  19. Potkeny

Potkeny Member

More hit point, yes, but you need more XP to level up your officers, and those can boost your "win rate" too. I'll see just how effective they are for me when we can finally play the game :D (Even if I know that bigger ships are supposed to "win" over smaller ones, if you don't want to win just damage it a bit then run away, I can see smaller ships with "high-level" officers "viable".)

20. Coser

Coser Active Member

Definitely. Vesuvius has already stated that A fully upgraded tier 3 starter ship will be able to tackle basic tier 5 craft with some skill